Group Visits to The Veggie Stand
4506 Millers Lane
Richmond Virginia 23231
Summer Field Trips start at the beginning of our corn harvest (usually mid June) and last until mid September.
The Pumpkin Patch at The Veggie Stand is the perfect place to bring your daycare, school, moms group or dads group, or church group for a low key, inexpensive, authentic, simple farm experience. Enjoy a fantastic day out on a real working vegetable farm, complete with shade trees for picnics and a play area! When we open for vegetable season, our staff is prepared to direct educational field trips which must be requested on site the day of your visit. Please find one of our staffers, gather your children and we’ll give a talk about how vegetables grow.
For only $8 per Field Trip Participant, they will receive:
- Six ears of Gallmeyer Farms FAMOUS Sweet Corn (retail value $3.50)
- Sliced watermelon and cantaloupe for your group to eat at our picnic area
- A private hayride for the group
- An educational presentation on the growth process of vegetables, from transplant through the relationship with the honeybee and ending with how we benefit from their relationship. (must be requested on site)
- Picnic and play areas are also included.
- BOOK at our online calendar